Youth represent a substantial part of the membership of Red Cross for its humanitarian commitment. Young volunteers can make a significant contribution to meeting the needs of the most vulnerable people within their local communities through Red Cross youth programme. This has been designed to involve young people as much as possible in the movement and its activities not only as workers and also as beneficiaries, but as partners in management.
Principles of YRC:
- Blood Donation Camp
- Medical Camp
- Eye camp
- Road safety Awareness Camp
- First Aid Camp.
Service to others
- Organization of Blood grouping and donation camps with the help of Blood Bank Officers. The report of such camps should be sent to University Coordinator.
- A directory of blood donors in the college may be brought out and given to hospitals and service organization.
- Render help and assistance to the needy and meritorious handicap students (such as the blind) of the Colleges.
- Organize 5 days or 10 days training camps of Youth Red Cross near the College in the holidays.
- Organize short duration (one day, two days or three days) specific Service Programmes / camps during local fairs and festivals.
- Tree plantation and afforestation.
- Create awareness for development of diary, poultry, piggery, fishery, beekeeping, mushroom cultivation etc.
- Save the environment for pollution.
- Education on population control.
- Observance of World Health Day, Blood Donation Day, World Red Cross Day etc. as would be instructed by the YRC Headquarters.
YRC Programme Officers:
Mr. V. Chinnasamy, Assistant Professor of Biochemistry