The objectives of Placement & training cell are manifold. They include:
- Developing the student’s Technical Knowledge and soft skills to meet the corporate recruitment process.
- To motivate students to develop their overall personality in terms of career planning, goal setting and re-skilling which will stand them in good stead even after getting the job.
- Aiming to place all students through on-campus & off-campus interviews conducted by the top notch companies.
- Adding value to organization worldwide by helping them recruit students from SIASC
- Providing short term industrial and academic project teams to companies through summer internships.
- Providing promotional services for organizations through workshops and interaction.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
Each course has 60 hrs of training programme (yearly)
- Career Planning
- Resume Writing
- Interview Skills
- Presentation skills
- Communication skills
- Team Building, Time Management
- Creativity, Stress management
- Corporate attire and mannerism
- Decision making and problem solving, Managing cultural diversity in corporate
- Corporate relationship, Conflict relationship
- Overcoming politics in corporate
Prof. M. GOPU, M.Sc., M.Phil., B.Ed.,
Head, Department of Biotechnology,
Shanmuga Industries Arts and Science College,
Tiruvannamalai - 606 603.