Library Rules and Regulations
- The College Library works on all working days between 8.45 am. to 4.00p.m.
- Students should maintain Silence in the Library Premises.
- Student entering into the Library Should Sign in the Gate Register.
- Don’t bring your personal belongings and Own books into the Library.
• 1st year and 2nd Year students - 1 Books
• 3rd Year students - 2 Books
All PG students - 3 Books
M.Phil: - 4 Books
Ph.D - 5 Books
- Students are required to show their college IDs to the library staff while borrowing the Book(s) the student is ensure that the Book(s) are in proper condition. If any Page(s) are missing or damaged, inform the same to the Library Staff.
- Students are advised to check carefully the physical condition of the book before issued. Once the book is issued he/she will be responsible to return the book in good condition
- Avoid making Pencil / Pen Marks, Underlining, or any other type of Damage to the Book(s). If any such things are noticed at the time of returning the books, the Borrower will be responsible.
- Books are issued for a period of 14 days. Books should be returned on or before the due date a fine of Rs.1 per day will be charged for late returning of books.
- Renewal is allowed if there is no demand for the same book by other Student
- In case the Book is lost, the student has to replace the Same Edition or the Latest Edition of the Lost Book. If the Book is not available student has to pay the Book cost + 50% of the Book.
- All the Students should return their Library Borrower Cards after completion of their Course and obtain a NO-DUE- Certificate from the Librarian
- Misbehavior in the library will lead to cancellation of membership and also attracts serious disciplinary action.
- Use of cell phones is strictly prohibited in the library and its environs.
- All users must observe total silence in the library and its premises.
- All users are required to show their college IDs to the library staff and write their names and other details in the gate register upon entrance to the library.
- Use of mobile phones is strictly prohibited in the library.
- All bags, cases, folders etc. must be left in the luggage area outside the library.
- Users are not allowed to leave their baggage overnight in the library. The library shall not take any responsibility for loss of personal property or books already signed out to a user.
- All users are required to show the items in their possession to the library staff on demand before leaving the library.
- No student is allowed to enter the circulation area without the consent of the library staff.
- Anyone caught marking, defacing or mutilating books or any other library material will be expected to pay penal cost for the material with the most current edition of the same.
- Discipline must be observed always in the library. Placing of feet on the furniture, eating and drinking, smoking, sleeping etc. are not allowed.
- Group discussions are only allowed in the discussion room and the noise must be kept to a minimum and should not disturb any other user in the library.
- Use of sound equipments like radios, ipods, cell phones etc. is strictly prohibited in the library and its environs. Users are not allowed to reshelf books after removing them from the shelf. Leave the books on the table.
- No library equipment may be moved, modified or tampered with without permission from the librarian.
Borrowing rules of books are given below:
- First year students can borrow 2 books at a time.
- Second Year students can borrow 3 books at a time.
- I students can borrow 4 books at a time.
- All PG students can borrow 6 books at a time.
- Books are issued for a period of 14 days. Overdue fine is Rs. 1/day.
This may subject to change by the govt. directives.
- All the students and faculty of this college can make use of the library services.
- All students must present their college ID before borrowing any library materials.
- Library materials may not be taken outside of the library unless the library staff has properly issued them out.
- All borrowed materials must be returned on or before the due date.
- Students are not allowed to borrow books on behalf of others or transfer borrowed materials to other students.
- Students with overdue materials and overdue fines will not be allowed to use the library services.
- All reserve materials must be returned at the specified time.
The following materials can only be used within the library
- Reference books.
- Journals and magazines.
DAMAGE/ LOSS OF LIBRARY MATERIALS
- Users will be held responsible for any damage or loss of library materials in their possession and will be required to meet the cost of replacement as per the govt. directives.
- Users must ensure that the books they borrow are in good condition to avoid being held responsible for any damages noted while returning the books.
- Lost books must be reported to the librarian immediately and replaced or paid for within 30 days.
- Lost library books that are recovered, must be handed to the librarian as they remain the property of the college library.
EXCLUSION FROM THE USE OF THE LIBRARY
- Any user who disregards the library rules and regulations will not be permitted to use the library anymore.
- The library staff have the right to ask students to leave the library if they are behaving inappropriately or causing disturbance to other users
Admission: The following people are allowed to use the library:
- All students who are in the nominal roll of the College.
- Faculty and other staff in the College.
- NB: These rules and regulations are subject to review by the library committee from time to time
Library Rules And Regulations Rules:
- Identity Card is compulsory for getting access to the library
- Silence to be maintained
- No discussion permitted inside the library
- Registration should be done to become a library member prior to using the library resources
- No personal belongings allowed inside the library
- Textbooks, printed materials and issued books are not allowed to be taken inside the library
- Using Mobile phones and audio instruments with or without speaker or headphone is strictly prohibited in the library premises.
- Enter your name and Sign in the register kept at the entrance counter before entering library
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Library borrower cards are not transferable. The borrower is responsible for the books borrowed on his/her card.
- Refreshment of any kind shall not be taken anywhere in the library premises
Admission to Library:
Students are allowed to library only on production of their authorized/valid Identity Cards
Working Hours of the Library:
- Monday to Friday 8 am to 9 pm (During Examination up to 10 PM)
- Saturday 8 am to 5 pm
- Sundays 9 am to 5 pm (During Examination Time)
Circulation Issue System:
Books will be issued on presentation of the library card along with the ID card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
` Materials borrowed should be returned on or before the due date stamped, if returned late overdue fine will be charged for the delayed period.
If the books are lost, then the borrower shall replace the books of the same edition or latest edition or pay double cost of the book after getting permission from the librarian.
Care of library borrower cards :
Take special care to maintain the library borrower cards. Do not fold, alter entries made on the cards, Members are responsible for the entire set of library borrower card issued to them.
Loss of cards:
Loss of borrower card should be reported to the librarian. Duplicate card may be issued against formal application and fine.
Validity of cards:
Library borrower cards are valid for the entire duration of the course to access library facilities at the end of the course borrower cards shall be returned to the library.
No due Certificate:
Each student shall obtain No dues certificate from the library after returning all the books issued, surrendering the borrower’s cards and after paying outstanding dues, if any.
Care of Library Books:
Students are require to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil , writing or highlighting , tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case reader shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.
SC/ST students of college can become a member of the book bank giving application along with caste certificate, by paying refundable membership fee of Rs. 100 for UG Rs.200 for PG for the full duration of course.
Members of the book bank will be issued 4 textbooks for each semester. Book shall be returned within two days after the theory examination, otherwise a fine of Rs.1/- per day will be charged.
This section has Encyclopedia, dictionaries, Textbooks Reference books etc. which are only available for reference. User can make use of these resources.
In these section journals, general magazines and news letter are available. They are arranged alphabetically. The latest issues are displayed on display rack and other previous issues are arranged in the drawer. Bound volumes of periodicals are arranged in rack alphabetically and are meat only for reference within the library.